STEM Free Resource - Voice Muffler! - momgineer

STEM Free Resource - Voice Muffler!


Try a STEM Challenge Your Students will Love

Are you thinking about trying a STEM challenge with your kids?

I have a freebie I'd love to share with you. I hope you will try out; I know your students will love it! You can download it here:

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/STEM-Sampler-Pack-2220744?aref=lqtql6rh
Try a sound STEM challenge - a voice muffler! | Meredith Anderson - Momgineer

Follow the Engineering Design Process and Learn about Sound

Students will follow the engineering design process to create their very own voice muffler. If you are studying sound, this is a great resource to use. You won't need a lot of expensive materials and this is a fun one to test out. Best of all, you don't need any marshmallows or spaghetti.

What's inside? Well, initially I thought about having the kids design and construct a megaphone.

 

Thirty seconds later a voice in my head scolded me: 

I thought more about it and...

Forget about a megaphone. Instead of turning UP the sound, let's try to turn it DOWN.
Woohoo!

The best part of this challenge is that you can keep the best voice mufflers handy in case you are having one of those days where you just need to belt out something really loudly but know you can't. Just use the voice muffler and then go about your business as usual. Enjoy!

Save these STEM ideas for later by pinning them:
Voice muffler sound STEM challenge. Can you hear me? | Meredith Anderson - Momgineer







momgineer Meredith Anderson

STEM education is my passion!

No comments:

Post a Comment