Game review: Zeus on the Loose - momgineer

Game review: Zeus on the Loose


Zeus on the Loose is another Gamewright card game that we love! This is a math game where the main goal is summing to multiples of ten (up to 100). The age listed is 8+, however my almost 6yo really loves this game. In my opinion, the most challenging part is keeping track of the running total.

How it works: There are number cards and special cards. Each player places a card on the pile on their turn and adds to the running total. If you sum to a multiple of 10, you get to take possession of Zeus. The special cards have Greek gods and goddesses on them with instructions (some have you round to the nearest 10, others reset the running total to a specific number, and others just let you steal Zeus). The object of the game is to reach the top of Mount Olympus (100 points) with Zeus in your possession. If you do that, you get the letter Z! A new round starts and each player tries to spell out Z-E-U-S by reaching Mount Olympus four times. This game is simple to figure out, fun to play, and fast. One of my favorite things about card games is that they are so handy to throw in my purse if we go anywhere that requires waiting.


Skills practiced: Math, strategy
Mama Rating:4.5/5
Kid Rating:4.5/5

I should probably note somewhere that I didn't receive this or anything from Gamewright. We just have tons of games and I thought it would be helpful to others to review them!
momgineer Meredith Anderson

STEM education is my passion!

No comments:

Post a Comment